Our Online Spanish course A1 is aimed at students who have no knowledge of Spanish or those who know some Spanish but wish to refresh their knowledge.
At our Spanish language school CELA we have developed complete online Spanish courses where you can study Spanish on your own with continuous, competent and personal support from a Spanish teacher via email and voice message.
Our Online Spanish Course A1 for beginners consists of 12 lessons with written explanations, video lessons, self-monitoring exercises, teacher-reviewed homework, listening videos with speakers from different Spanish-speaking countries, interesting readings, vocabulary exercises and pronunciation exercises.
The course material is so complete that you will not need anything else. The teacher will continuously check your work and will always be there for you via email and voice message.
In this link you will find a video in which we explain how the online Spanish course A1 is structured.
In this course we will learn following topics:
Spanish course A1 grammar content:
- Spanish pronunciation, reading correctly from day one.
- Articles, nouns and adjectives, masculine and feminine words, rules for identifying the gender of words.
- Personal pronouns and the verb ser. Conjugation and usage
- Use of personal pronouns in contrast to English usage.
- Singular and Plural
- Sentence structure (position of the adjective).
- The verb estar, adverbs of place, the verb hay. Difference between hay and estar
- Interrogative pronouns
- The verb ir, ir + a, ir + en
- Difference between ser and estar (explained in a clear and simple way), talking about characteristics and states.
- The verb tener
- Regular verbs in the present tense
- Reflexive verbs
- Irregular verbs with vowel change in the stem
- Verbs with double irregularity
- The verb gustar (peculiarities)
- Object pronouns
- Prepositions por and para
- Articles and demonstrative pronouns
- The verb doler (peculiarities)
- muy and mucho, bien and bueno, mal and malo
- The past perfect tense
Vocabulary, culture and daily life:
- Professions and nationalities
- Describing in the present tense
- Asking for an address and explaining it
- Introducing oneself and others
- Talking about habits and preferences
- Customs in Spain and Latin America
- Numbers, days of the week, months, seasons and the weathe
- Buying and ordering food
- At the thrift store
- Food, clothes, parts of the body
- Furniture, house, household chores
- At the restaurant, at the clothing store, at the doctor’s office
- Family and relatives
Price: the course costs a one-time fee of 210 euros per level and includes the course material and the teacher’s corrections via e-mail and voice message.
We will be happy to send you a free trial lesson.
Course duration: You can choose the start and progression of your course and work at your own pace. Each level has 12 lessons. At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate from our school for the appropriate level. We have courses in all levels from A1 to C2.
About our school and the author of the courses:
At our Spanish school CELA we have been teaching Spanish since 1997. Our head teacher and author of the courses is Dr. Sabine Loeffler, native Spanish speaker, PhD in Spanish Linguistics, Master in Distance Education and specialised in Adult Education. The material of our courses respects the differences between Spanish and other languages. Our explanations are clear and simple. The motto of our school is: we make difficult things simple, “hacemos fácil lo difícil”.
In the following video we give more information about our school and our methodology (approx. 30 minutes)
In our Youtube channel you can find our video lessons with explanations in English.
Become part of our students and join us on this journey into the fascinating world of the Spanish language and its different cultures.
CELA Spanish School